This is a piece I started about a year and a half ago. The goal was to make a bead embroidered collar that was not symmetrical. I have done bead embroidery before but nothing this large. It is very tedious which is why it has taken me so long. I can work on it for awhile then I have to set it aside and do something else.
I am in the homestretch and I am determined to finish it! I still haven't decided what to do about a clasp because it is quite heavy.
This is a bracelet I initially made more than a year ago but wasn't happy with the clasp. I finally pulled it back out and after at least four attempts finally got it right. It has a brick stitch base with loops of dark silver bugle beads and matte silver lined rose seed beads. As usual, what I struggled with was the length. The brick stitch base stretches out so it would end up much longer than it seemed to be one I established the base row. The strategy that worked was to make the base much shorter than needed and rows to the end if needed. More importantly, I added the button and loop clasp before I added the loops.
Here is the finished bracelet. It is floppy and not very structured. I am going to try again but use fewer rows and go back through the work to tighten up the tension even more.
Progress on the peanut bead bracelet bauble from the latest issue of Beadwork.
You are supposed to keep the tension tight which is something I always have trouble with.
Finished. I made this a little longer than the last one….about 27 inches.
Apparently, using a magnetic clasp with beading WIRE and a METAL crimp doesn't work very well! Sometimes it is hard to believe I have an engineering degree.
Therefore I have begun the triple spiral.